Monday, March 10, 2008

Spend 2160 straight hours with someone. I dare you.

I love Joel. There is no one else I could do this trip with. It´s been about 2 straight months with our only alone time being in the baño (bathroom). We spend a lot of time talking, well, I spend most of the time talking, sometime Joel pitches in. Anyways, even after being together for 10 years there is still more to learn about each other (yes! It was 10 years ago that we first started dating...glorious time wasn´t it Moms and Dads? Hahaha.)

We play a lot of ¨What would you be if...¨ I ask Joel ¨what would you be if you were a sea creature?¨ His reply, ¨a Hammerhead shark.¨ mmm, good answer. I´d be Sea Anenomie. What would you be if you were an animal? Joel: platypus. Jen: Viscacha (No surprise there). A Tree? Joel: Cedar. Jen: Arbutus, or the Arbutus like tree here. Dinosaur? Joel: Terridactle (I have no idea how to spell it...) Jen: Stagosaurus. Yesterday while we were hiking Joel asked me what body of water I´d be. I saw hmmming and haawwwing, and replied ¨I´m not sure...something shallow and pretty...¨ Oh if only I thought before speaking. Joel would be the Goat River.

What would you be?

I have also spotted 4 grey hairs on Joels head. Amazing. I pulled out the first one to show him and accidentally pulled a few extra. I´m not allowed to pluck any more.

Our time at Lago Puelo is over. We hiked to the edge of the Argentinian border yesterday to another branch of the pretty turquoise lake. I wish I could upload pictures to show you. We had to cross a delta from Rio Azul (Blue River) at the start of the hike. Joel doesn´t have sandles and it hurt his feet to walk across the rocky river without them, so he was borrowing mine and throwing them back to me to cross. Well, obviously it was a disaster waiting to happen. One didn´t make it. He had to run down the rocks along the river, jump into the river and rescue it. My hero with now bruised feet. After that he had enough of using my sandles and decided to take a running jump at one of the branches that was only 8 feet or so across. Also a distaster waiting to happen. His foot and attatched hiking boot got soaked and he spent the night drying it off over the fire. Silly boy needs sandles.

In just a few hours we´re heading south to PN los Alerces and will hopefully meet up with our new friends!

No comments: