Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday to Joel!

Yippie! Today is Joel´s birthday...it´s not panning out excatly how I wanted it to, but it´s still swell. It is raining in El Bolson. First rain we´ve seen since leaving Cochabamba, Bolivia about a month ago. And it has to be today! Why?

But a little rain isn´t going to stop me from giving Joel a fantabulous day. I went out venturing in the rain to the grocery store, found the closest thing to bacon (appently Canadian Bacon is a Canadian thing), some eggs, cheese, and freshly baked buns. Then I made us some yummy egg-bacon bunwiches. I think it´s the best breakfast I´ve had since leaving Canada. Aaaannnddd, to top it all off, I did all the dishes. Special Joel.

I also bought him some handmade fudge, because baking a cake is just too hard with a Wisper Lite stove! And a bracelet made by some rad hippie who told me El Bolson is a magical place. It sure is.

So all in all, a fantastic day for us, despite the rain. I think we´ll be going out for a steak dinner tonight, which is a big treat because we haven´t had steak since Millie and Jim took us out in Cochabamba.

3 comments:

joyce said...

please pass on a Happy Birthday from the Stecyk's for us. I have spent days remembering that it is his birthday, he is the only leap year birthday person I know. I don't know if he will be interested, but he might be, that our daughter Janna is in the process of moving to Revelstoke for a while. Guess all those years there are good memories for her. Enjoy your travels!!
Joyce

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks for sharing your day with us. Hugs to you both.

momdonna said...

Hope the day was fantabulous, love you both.