Friday, January 25, 2008

Clean. Fed. Happy!

We arrived in Cochabamba this morning at 6am. We found an overnight bus from La Paz, but had to wait in the open air bus terminal from 6 til 10:30. Chilly!

I, (Jen here) feel so refreshed to be somewhere with family, it`s only been 13 days and I was already missing the comforts of home! Mostly a comfortable bed, bathroom (without mold), and food I didn´t have to question the safety of. Millie (Joel`s Aunt) took us out to the market today where I got to shop for fun touristy things and practice a bit of Spanish. I looove how everything is so wonderfully affordable, and Millie assured me that *almost* everything was made in South America - no cheap imports! WooHoo!

On Wednesday Joel and I took the tour over to Isla de Sol (Island of the Sun) where we did a fantastic 8km hike from the North end to the Southern end of the Island. All the mountains on the island are terraced for agriculture and there were animals everywhere! We saw llamas, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, donkeys, cows.... the llamas were obviously the highlight! And along the way a Quechuan woman was oh-so-conviently on the side of the trail with her 4 children and llama. Perfect photo-op, and of course Joel and I did one (10 Bolivianos). The youngest boy was so cute, he was holding out his hand for the money, and his mother kept slapping it down. Haha.


I promise pictures are coming soon! Tonight probably!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Glad you're having a great time! It sounds wonderful -- you're making me wish I was there.

(Friend of Joel's mom)

Jen said...

Thanks Bonnie! It´s fun having people following along on our adventure... and hopefully inspire others to get out here!