Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's starting to sink in....

So it's occurring to me that we're actually going to South America (Duh! Some of you will say) But it's one thing to say you're going and buy tickets, and it seems to be another to actually comprehend what we're doing.

Basically I'm getting kinda nervous. Normal, I hope. I have weird dreams about traveling. About getting lost. About knowing not enough Spanish. *note to self: LEARN*

How am I suppose to live out of a backpack for 3 months? We won't be spending tooo long in any one place. We won't be staying in a comfy hotel. I'll be dirty, sweaty, and sore for about 3 months. But exploring place I've never been with my best friend. It'll all be worth it.

Okay, back to this backpack thing. Seriously? I need clothes for basically every season. We'll be flying into Peru, that will be cooking hot in January. We'll be surfing. (Can't wait!) Then off to Bolivia, where I'm sure it's a little chillier. Then down to Patagonia. Snow and icebergs (and penguins!) How do I take summer and winter gear? Sandals and hiking boots. Swimsuit and winter coat. And only a change of clothes or two. I am going to be one gross, grungy girl. It's a good thing I'm going with Joel, he already promised to stay with me through 'better or worse'.

Oh and I will have harry armpits. I just though you all should know. Joel's none to impressed. He said he's not shaving either. But I've been planning ahead, and been waxing my legs and armpits for the last couple of months. Hopefully that will make things more manageable...

I love the idea of not working for 4 months. And no school. Nothing. No itinerary, no deadlines (besides the flight home), and just J&J exploring a new continent.

61 days till we're gone. So soon. It will come so fast.

Scared? Sorta. Nervous? Yes. Excited? Heck YES!

No comments: